Red Wing Public Schools
Distribution of Materials and Information to Students
The Red Wing Public Schools recognize the role of school district based and non-profit organizations that serve youth. In order to balance the interests of the schools and other youth-serving organizations:
- All requests for distribution of materials (flyers, brochures, etc.) will be handled via a centralized system in the Community Education Department. Individual schools, principals, school staff, etc. will not process requests.
- Requests from for-profit organizations will not be accepted.
- Requests will be reviewed on the basis of Red Wing Public School’s Board Policy 904: Distribution of Materials on School District Property by Non-school Persons. This document is available at www.rwps.org
- Organizations will not be allowed to set up a table at Red Wing Public School open houses. Materials will be distributed by the Community Education office at district open houses. Organizations must request approval from Community Education of materials to be distributed in advance and copies provided for distribution.
- District 256 retains the right to permit access for its own programs and for those of an individual school or school group such as the Parent Teacher Organization or Red Wing Public School Foundation.
The following procedures are to be followed:
- Materials will be distributed only through the Friday Folder system at Colvill, Sunnyside and Burnside Schools. Twin Bluff and Red Wing High School materials will available in the display rack located at the school.
- A final copy of the material for distribution needs to be submitted to the Director of Community Education and Recreation, 2451 Eagle Ridge Drive, Red Wing, MN 55066 no later than ten school days before the distribution date. The material needs to be accompanied by the Distribution Request Sheet, available on-line at www.rwps.org under Community Education/forms.
- Materials can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 651-385-4561- questions - call 651-385-4567 .
- Organizations are responsible for providing adequate numbers of materials for distribution, bundled according to the instruction sheet provided after approval. Additional materials will be placed in each schools display rack and will have a time limit for posting.
- Once approval is granted, as demonstrated by return of the signed Distribution Request Sheet, materials must be received at the Community Education office no later than noon Tuesday preceding distribution. Materials received after that time may not be forwarded to the appropriate school(s). Community Education will assume responsibility for ensuring materials are delivered to the school.
- Each distribution must add: This distribution is not printed by District 256 nor is the event, class or activity sponsored or endorsed by District 256.